Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Between Christmas and The New Year

I don't know how I feel about the period between Christmas and the new year. Most employers are not in the mood for interviewing until at least a week after the beginning of the year. It's going to be a strange time for me because I theoretically could load up my car and hit the road out of this town for good.

Here are some reasons I feel like I'm on the verge of walking away.

I have no debt. The only thing I really must wait for in the mail is my W2 from last year which should be easy because I was unemployed the whole time. It's just a matter of where to go and how to forward mail.

As soon as I hear from one of the myriad employers I contacted, I can start making some definite plans that will land me on the ground at my next destination.

If my own productivity leaves me with enough income it won't matter where I go.
I'm not currently bound by any mortgage or any rental obligation.

Places I thought would be cool to visit are now basically disasters of job shortage or drought.

I really just need to know that if I pick a spot somewhere in the world, I could find reasonable shelter there.

No comments: