Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I finally reached that age

Over the last week I lost my taste and cravings for junk food. I'm also no longer interested in any kind of snack food.

I didn't go down the snack aisle at the grocery store today. The last three times I went down that aisle I found nothing remotely appealing. My usual preferences were available, I just completely lost interest in them.

I last ordered pizza a week ago. It was made correctly and there was nothing different about it from before, but for some reason it made no memorable impression on my senses.

Gradually as I became accustomed to consuming the junk food my awareness about how I felt physically afterward seemed to grow and gradually overtake the immediately satisfying flavors and textures.

I wish it didn't take 50 years or I would be a lot thinner.

No comments: