Thursday, September 6, 2018

My Attitude and The Gallary of Grim News

The Gallary of Grim News: Progressive?

Since 2003 I've been following progressive media. They don't hesitate to report on the real issues that the main-stream media ignore at the behest of their corporate masters. You can find them on my Sources Page under "Alternative Media."

If your life is going well and you have achieved the American Dream, there's a chance you might not keep it for very long. Most of us have already lost.

I hear that my only recourse legally is voting, but I also hear that voting has been rigged. I hear the call for rallies and protests, but rallies and protests are met with violent opposition and police action.

I hear that outspoken activists get death threats and are potentially blacklisted from employment opportunities. I hear about all the things corporations get away with at the expense of their own workers and the taxpayers. I hear how politicians are legally bribed. I hear about possible threats to protected classes of people.

All I can do is cast a vote, crawl into a hole and pray. Listening to these people fills me with a sense of hopelessness. I was being ground into the dirt, but then I realized something. These people make a living doing what they do. They have an incentive to make things seem as bad as possible, not necessarily as bad as things really are.

They may be telling the truth, but are they exaggerating? Is most of it hyperbole? Do they spend as much time reporting the facts as they do speculating about the outcome? Not really. Many of them make all manner of extrapolation.

I'm cutting myself off from this clutch of Chicken Little Lefties, but I'm not going to join the Pollyannas on the right either. How many times over the last decade has some politician claimed there was a constitutional crisis or an eminent economic collapse? Too many for me to listen anymore.

No comments: