Monday, March 12, 2018

Dear No-Reply employer

I received the following email this morning from a potential employer. It was a 'no-response' email, so I must thank them here on my blog instead.

Dear Frederick,
Thank you for interviewing for the Part Time,_______. It was a pleasure meeting with you.
On behalf of the hiring team, I want to thank you for your interest in joining our location. We found ourselves in the fortunate position of having a wide range of qualified candidates from which to choose. Your background and experience was very impressive, however we have selected another candidate that we feel is the best match for this position.
We appreciate your interest in _______ and wish you success in your job search.
Sincerely,
________
Response:

Thank you for sparing some time in your busy schedule to interview me. It's very rare for me to be called in for an interview and this experience has lifted my spirits. Being a Gen-X'er in a world now run by Millennials, I understand the desire to hire younger instead of older. No hard feelings.

No comments: