Sunday, October 28, 2018

Letter Published in SJ-R

Riding the Lost Bridge Trail on 10/28/2018
A day of extreme wind across Central Illinois
Finally, my letter made it to the online edition last night so it should make it in tomorrows paper, but here's the link: http://www.sj-r.com/opinion/20181027/letter-questionable-social-media-crackdown-on-propaganda

The mug that came with the Magic Bullet mixer was exactly the correct size to make a full portion of Hidden Valley Ranch butter milk dressing with the powder mix. That worked out. No need for a mixing bowl or hand mixer.

The bike ride to Rochester was nice but windy. The leaves seemed to change color by the minute. Then a lunch of Crustless Quiche and Home Fries at the Lighthouse Restaurant.

I'm going to start making quiche again. The last time was in Old Mission about 25 years ago or more. I usually start with a basic recipe like this one on The Food Network, but then I take it off the rails with my favorite pizza toppings instead of the usual ingredients. I wonder what shrimp or crab meat with mushrooms might taste like in a quiche?


No comments: