Thursday, April 25, 2019

Adapting to Springfield

After four years living in the Puget Sound area north of Seattle and moving back to Springfield, I had a whole new appreciation for the sparse population of the area, the clean air and light traffic. That was in October of 2016.

Now it's the end of April, 2019 and I find myself once again talking out loud (not yet yelling) to other drivers on Wabash, MacArthur and around town, as they linger too long at green lights, fail to use their turn signals, decide to turn left from a parking lots onto busy four-lane streets with no traffic lights, hesitate to merge into my lane in front of me until I'm forced to almost stop even though they have plenty of space, and so on. It seems my memories of near-death experiences and traffic jams on Interstate 5 along Puget Sound and through downtown Seattle are fading from memory.

No comments: