Thursday, January 24, 2019

My health

No eggs or bread of any kind for breakfast
anymore. It should have been like this
for my whole life.

I had my annual checkup last week and things seem to be going about average for me. My test results are permanently posted in the upper left corner of my blog page, but here's a link anyway.

Within the docs there are links to articles that explain what each particular test concerns.

  • My A1C was 2 points over the top margin for normal.
  • Vitamin D was low by 4.2 ng/mL
  • Glucose was 5 mg/dL over the top margin for normal.
  • HDL Cholesterol was 1 mg/dL below the bottom margin for normal
  • LDL Cholesterol was 2 mg/dL above the top margin for normal
  • RBC (red blood cell) count was low by 0.09 
  • HGB (hemoglobin) count was low by 0.3 g/dL
  • MCHC corpuscular hemoglobin concentration) was low by 0.4 g/dL
So this means I'm Anemic with Pre-Diabetes. I was told as a child that I had an iron deficiency. It was also revealed to me after I was forty years old that when I was a child a doctor told my mother that I might have Celiac disease. If it was the case it was never treated. Now I know why my stomach hurt and I was so sleepy during my first two hours of school each morning.

I was always falling asleep in class. It was just written off as being lazy and shiftless. My whole f*ing life spent in a fog of deficiency. It's no wonder I never achieved much. If your kids complain at school of being hungry and very tired despite having a large breakfast. They need medical attention.

###
Follow-up on 01/27/2019: I started taking Iron supplements and noticed a change right away. My energy level is more stable now and does not crash right after eating a meal. I'm no longer feeling exhausted all the time and climbing the stairs doesn't leave me tired either.

No comments: